From:
Stephanie Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 19:06:05 GMT
Hi everyone.  I thought of something useful, if it hasn't already been
thought of, for finding a lost ferret.  I was thinking about something the
Police Department does around here to help find lost kids.  A lot of times
a photograph is necessary and parents don't have a recent photo.  They set
up a booth and take videos/pictures of the kid as well as finger prints -
so the parent has them.

Now, pets grow a lot faster than kids, so you would have to do this more
often, about every month at least until they are full grown.  Take a
picture of your pet.  The face, the side, any special markings.  Then,
you can have them at hand if ever your pet should get lost outside.  As a
ferret owner, you know what a ferret is, but there are a lot of people that
don't know - especially colorings.  When you tell a "non-ferret" person
"she is a silver mitt" wouldn't it be easier to show a picture?  And it
doesn't have to be a glamour shot - get a picture in a context where you
can tell the size of the animal too.  Maybe hold them.

Well, I'm gonna start our photo collection today.  That way, it will be
easier to describe a "chocolate sable, with a chocolate nose".

If this has already been thought up, then I think it is a great idea.

Stephanie, Chimi (ooo my left side is my good side) & Pepe (CHEEESE!)