Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 03:15:45 -0500
I sent an email a few days ago about my new email address, but between
school and work I think I may have missed seeing it on the FML- so I'm
sending it again just in case.  My new email is the same as my old one,
except it's at earthlink.net instead of AOL.  If BIG could change it so I
start getting the FML's at the earthlink.net instead of the aol I would
be so happy! :-)    [changed... BIG]

I was flipping through jeffers catalog and saw that they have corner beds
for ferrets and am wondering if anyone here makes them.  I am beyond
broke at the moment, but as soon as that's rectified I want to get two of
them for the monkeys.  I'd rather the money go to a shelter or someone
who could use the money for the care of their fuzzies, so email me if
you can make a couple for me!

I have a problem: One of the fuzzy monkeys (aka "THE GOOD ONE") uses
the litterbox 99% of the time ( the 1% being the times the cat uses the
litterbox and kicks the litter onto the floor- and I don't get to it
quick enough- the ferret assumes it's litter so I can poo on it.  That's
not the problem though since I am usually ubercleaning ferret mom.  My
other ferret was using the litterboxes with at least 85-90% accuracy
until a few weeks ago.  Nothing has changed as far as food or living
situation or health.  She just quit using the litter box.  She did great
after the christmas company left and I think it was due to being caged
more often.  (when we don't have company they are caged maybe once a week
so I can vacume the upstairs thoroughly in peace)

My problem is this- I hate to cage her and separate the two of them, but
I would hate to confine the other one when she does so well free roam.
I have tried keeping the pooer caged separately for a little while and
trying to get her to use the litterbox before I take her upstairs, but
she refuses to go and I don't have the heart to leave her by herself in
the cage.  Any advice?  I just can't bear to cage both of them....but
the one has gotten to the point where I haven't seen her use the
litterbox at all except when I catch her sneaking into a corner or
other known poo spot and physically set her in the litter box.

Melissa