From:
"D. Alldredge" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 23:42:35 -0500
I am writing because we are concerned about our ferret, Mittens, who seems
to be losing hair.  She has two bald spots, about the size of a quarter, one
on the back of her shoulder, and one on her chest (the front of her other
shoulder, I guess).  She doesn't seem sore in these spots, and she is acting
fine.  Is this normal?  We noticed last night that our other ferret,
Jasmine, was licking her and biting (biting in a cleaning sort of way, like
she was mothering her) in those spots, could this be causing her hair to
fall out?  Or is she supposed to be shedding and she's just doing it in two
spots?  If someone could help us out here, we'd *really* appreciate it.  We
have had the girls for almost two years now and this has never happened
before.  They are both three years old, if that helps any.  Thanks so much
for your help.