From:
Wayne Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:13:41 +0100
Hi

Thanks Tracy for your post on the FML re. wound care.

I am glad I am not the only one expressing concern over the
recommendation that peroxide should be used - 'daily'.

As I expressed in my post yesterday, the use of H2O2 beyond initial
irrigation would be damaging but I have not yet heard from the initiator
of the advice as to the limits he would choose to impose.

I work extensively in wound care as part of the European WRAP programme
based at kings college in London

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/wrap

The group is working hard in the development of wound care techniques,
products, assessment technologies, training and understanding and a
number of publications have recently been released following several
members of the group (myself included) presenting work at the World Union
Of Wound Healing Societies in Paris this summer.

Ok thats the advertising for our group over.

Thanks again for your valuable response.

Wayne.

Wayne Gardner
Clinical Scientist
Dept. of Medical Physics
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Bradford Royal Infirmary
BD9 6RJ

Tel. 01274 364144
Fax. 01274 364134