From:
"Dan S. DeCoff" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 15:06:42 -0400
Hello Chere & FML's,

Since Chere is with the Intl Relief-Aid/Response Orginazation EARS, I shall
address these remarks to her.  However, I would like all FML's to please
assist where possible.

I have had members of the State (Maine) Grange continue to assist in
obtaining relief supplies for animals (all).  They are storing these items
in barns/sheds/basements/etc.  This is extremely helpful in a Disaster to
have supplies ready & available to move quickly.

We still need to co-ordinate Temp.  Storage sites & relay points throughout
the US/Canada and wherever else it may be needed in the World.

I realize that the "BIG" trucks can not enter into a disaster zone
immediately.  But they can move the supplies from throught the US/CANADA to
a "designated site" close to the disaster area.  From this "site" smaller
vehicles could move the Relief Supplies to within range of the disaster area
as allowed by "authorities".

I realize that this will be a big effort on everyone's part, but I believe
we can do it.  We will need help/assistance from many FML's.

I am willing to try to help in co-ordinating where and how I can.

Chere if you would like to do this type of response co-ordination please let
me know.  If there is no response to this request, I'll have the members of
the Grange donate the "collected" supplies to a local animal rescue/shelter.

Awaiting your response,

DANNY D