From:
Chris Stephenson and Lynn Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 15:09:29 -0400
Dear Gary:

I am sorry to have to tell you that Ferris was put to sleep yesterday,
Saturday in the afternoon at the emerg clinic in Aurora.

You know he had a seizure on last Sunday and was treated and released to us
the next morning.  He was doing great until Thursday late in the day when
he began to go into the coma again.  I got him to our regular vet and he
administered the glucose and Ferris stabilized.  It was clear that we were
not maintaining on the prednisone and that we were in serious trouble.  He
ate well on Saturday morning for me and then myself and my husband left to
go to Sarnia to see his parents.  I feel bad that I was not there but I
have to tell you everyday that I left the house for the last two weeks I
have kissed Ferris goodbye and really wondered if I would see him alive
when I returned.

Bill fed him at lunch and he ate really well but then Bill went looking for
him about 2:00 pm and found him in an advanced coma.  He took him to the
emerg clinic where they administered some glucose (they had seen him the
previous Sunday).  The response was not good and Bill and the vet made the
decision that he was not to suffer and while Bill held him the vet released
his spirit.  We are all overcome with grief.  We all worked so hard to keep
him healthy and I foolishly believed I could cheat Mother Nature and keep
him with us longer.  It was not to be.

We remember Ferris' last weekend at the cottage - sleeping in his favourite
sweater drawer, drinking the water out of the bottom of the shower stall,
going for a walk with Bill and Meeka on the back cottage road and digging
the carpet under the TV.  These were his favourite things and I thank God
that he was able to enjoy doing these things right up to the end.  Ferris
is buried in the backyard (beside Molly) and Bill buried him wrapped in his
favourite piece of faux fur, with his favourite piece of velcro, an oreo
cookie and a lock of Bill's hair.  Bill has a lock of Ferris' fur and we
will get him an amulet in the next little while so he can put the fur in it
and wear it around his neck.

These little guy brought such joy into our life and his loss is crushing.
Meeka does not understand where he is.  We will have to be extra attentive
to her so she makes it through this terrible time as well as possible.
Please give your ltttle ones a kiss and cherish the time you have them.
Heaven is here and now with them beside you - make sure you treasure it.

Lynn  (missing Ferris and Molly with a grief beyond all telling)-----