From:
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 02:49:49 -0400
i have to say i'm a little disappointed in my American friends.  i put
forth a challenge for EVERYONE to sponsor a ferret somewhere in the world
and we only had 1 American respond!  i know there are a ton of shelters
asking for help right now and that many of you must feel overwhelmed by
these requests.  Please remember that even $1 a month CAN make a
difference!

A nice Canadian woman has even offered to give up her Timmy's coffee!
Now, that's a SACRIFICE!  Even auntie Jill from CA e-mailed mommie
asking if this lady was outta her mind to give up Timmy's!

If we all work together, we CAN make a difference in a ferret's life.
I'm also going to re-post my challenge for anyone that missed it.
Please, from my heart to yours, take my challenge and show another
ferret love and support the way you did for me.

Timbit the stoat (or Toot Toot/Stoatly as mommie calls him) is doing
great.  He's very active and playful and enjoys stalking mommie's hands.
He's super gentle and mommie says she's been nipped harder by gentle
ferrets!  mommie and him play games all night long and he even gives
mommie the occasional kiss.

He is VERY ferret-like and war dances and "dooks" a lot.  He really is
like watching a tincy ferret bound around.  mommie has him on a raw diet
which has been gross for her - she's a vegetarian!  lol!

The Ministry of Natural Resources will be coming by on Monday to take a
hair sample from Timbit.  They need the root of his hair to do some DNA
testing to try and trace who is breeding stoats.  They will want to see
auntie Katrina's stoat as well to see if Timbit and him could be related.

There is still no word on a zoo for these two little angels and i fear
mommie is growing too attached to Timbit.  i know she'll cry her little
eyes out when it's time to give him up.  mommie doesn't laugh a whole
lot since grandma passed on, but the wee stoat makes her pee her pants!

my love to you all,
Harley "Bug"

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>