From:
Chere Mccoy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 1992 19:52:56 -0400
Well we deliverd over 3500# of supplies to Angela yesterday.  I will
tell all of you about it in the next couple of days - But today all
ferrets had to have their baths, ear cleanings, cage cleanings, etc.
and to tell you the truth I am more than quite exhausted.  I can
tell you that we went to Miami with two trucks manned by 3 retired
military:  1 USAF and 2 Marines.  All of the people that went
have done duty in "Conflict" situations.  During the evening
debriefing we all agreed what we had seen was "worse than we
had ever seen".  We thank all of you for your support and
for your contributions.  I will come back on line and give
you all a blow by blow discription - right now am too exhausted
to do the situation justice.  I can tell you we still need the
following:   Litter pans (we need these badly), more water bottles,
also those little ceremice ferret food bowls, and we do need
cages.  I think all of you have our address?
After what we saw all I can say is - if you can help please do
the situation is worse than you can imagine in your worst
night mare.  Ferrets down there need you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Angela send her thanks to all.  Signed, Chere McCoy
President Ferret Friends of Indian River County, Coordinator
for Miami Hurricane Ferret Rescue effort.