Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:13:06 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:
>Its always so sad to read about the lost little ones.  And I've lost a
>couple of shelter babies.  I knew Nibblit's day was coming eventually.
>When ever I lost one of the shelter kids, I'd be reminded that my four
>youngsters were no longer spring chickens.  But Nibs is our first baby.
>He's the Ferret King.  I really didn't expect his day to be coming up so
>soon.  Long live the King.

Dear Deena

I know what you are feeling.  Miss Whitney is one of two ferrets that I
have had for a very long time.  Since Christmas, Whitney has almost died
on me 7 times.  I believe that she has an insulinoma and adrenoma (she is
almost hairless) along with a cough.  I pick her up and she is barely
breathing and I run to the kitchen for honey and water to revive her.  I
got Miss Whitney from the South Florida rescue group in May, 1996 when we
moved to the Tallahassee area.  So I really do not know how old she is,
other than she was at least 2 when I got her.  She and Slammer are at least
7.  I know that I will not have my sweetheart much longer but until that
sad day I will love every minute of life that she shares with me.  I do
not think she would makeit off the vets table if they did the surgery on
her so surgery isn't an option.

Love and fuzzy snuggles from Jan and the Rat Pack