From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:34:47 EST
Hello to all.  I hope Irish eyes are still smiling the morning after
Saint Pattys Day.  If anyone could help me and a hacking/coughing ferret,
I would greatly appreciate it.

I took in a fierce biting warrior woman ferret some months ago.  I am
her third or fourth home...I don't remember which.  She is a sable,
non-talking version of Mini-Me; Into everything, biting everyone, and
filled with bursting jumping life.

Anyway, she has been in good health, and has a great set of choppers :-)
I was making another 4 pots of Bob C. soup, and she started coughing
and has not stopped.

I gave her a laxative, and she drank some chicken fat/water.  I put her
in the sick cage next to my bed, and she is still sporadically coughing,
coughing, coughing.  No candles lit, or air spray, or carpet cleaners, or
anything to cause this.  Maybe she is getting sick.  No sneezing.  I have
an electric stove, so it was not a gas leak from cooking the soup.

I am seeing the vet this Sat. for two of my little ones that are not
going to live much longer.  I was told Mini-Me was probably not going
to make it through the week.  They are both on meds, and I am syringe
feeding them a minimum of 3 times a day.  They still want to live.  So,
I cannot just trade places with one of the two dying ones.

Until I can get another appointment( I have been living at the vets at
multiple offices over the last few months) does anyone remember the name
of the over the counter cough medicine?  It worked wonders for Tiger, who
was also on a ventilator, and for Wolf, who was at every Dr. I could find
to discover why he kept coughing.  Not a single vet could help me.  It
was not his heart.  But this cough medicine worked.

It was used sparingly, and in a very small amount.  It was a Godsend.
Please E-mail me if you can think of the name.

thank you very much.
Lisette

By the way, KoKo is only a little over a year.  She just had a physical
and shots a few months ago.  She was in tip top health.