From:
Cindy Scheidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 00:07:45 -0500
Michele and I went to Ferrets Dream House Shelter on Saturday to help
out with the DMK re-surrenders since Lori was not feeling well and
unable to get to York.

We were able to get all the rescues out for playtime in the playpens,
while we were cleaning their cages, etc.

It was great to see these ferrets dook and play as soon as their paws
hit the floor. Playtime was just not long enough in their little minds
but we explained to them that they had to make room for the next group
to get out and play - and played they did.

We were very surprised to see that the majority of these ferrets seemed
to be at ease with our handling of them. Keeping in mind that they
have not had the opportunity to be socialized by humans. They are
a few months behind the others that have been rescued and yet their
appreciation of kindness was shown by them from the moment we walked
into the shelter.

Their spays & neuters are completed and everyone seems to be healing
well. Distemper and Rabies injections have been done.

I am posting this in hopes that we are able to get the word out that
these ferrets need a second chance at life. If people that read the FML
would be willing to cross post on other groups, we should be able to
let others know the needs of these ferrets.

It has been so good to hear how the first group of McKids are doing,
some that adjusted immediately to the human touch and those that are
still trying to understand what this new life is all about. Thanks to
all that made room for them.

These re-surrenders are asking for the same consideration. Please help
these ferrets find homes.

You may contact Lisa Oestereich - [log in to unmask]
regarding adoption and transportation.
You may contact myself, Cindy Scheidt - [log in to unmask]
if I can be of any help regarding questions you might have regarding
the ferrets that I spent time with on Saturday.