From:
Lisa Weisensale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:31:28 EST
Hi All;

Generally a lurker hear, only post when necessary.  My 9yr(ish) female,
Peanut has had Insulinoma for a over a year.  It returned after her
Adrenal/Insulinoma Surgery Oct.  of '02.  She has since been in pred.
and been doing better than expected.  Although; a couple days ago; I
found a fairly large mass (small marble?) in her ear canal.  Weird place,
huh?  At a glance it just looked like a large ball of wax in her ear:
very dark: blackish, and encrusted with dried blood assumingly because
it is irratated.  Underneath that, you can see the mass.  I would be
crazy to pay to have it removed.  I just want to know if she is in
pain?  I assume if I had a mass in my ear canal it would probably be
unconfortable.  But, if she is not in a great deal of pain...I hate to
waste my money.  Since, well, I have none right now.  She is eating, she
is drinking, and she is pooping....all healthy there.  That leads me to
believe that she is not, in fact, in a lot of pain.  It couldn't have
come as a worse time.  It also came fairly quickly.  She was just treated
almost 3 months ago for ear mites, and had a bath since then, so I would
say this has appeared within the last month.

Anything I can give her topically for the irritated area on the mass??
Anything for comfort??  What are the FML'ees thoughts on this??  Anything
to help her through her last leg?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Lisa & Peanut in IA