Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:10:41 EDT
I can understand and relate to shelters asking for money on the FML.  Heck
I know what it's like to get 12 ferrets in and 10 of them need surgery.  It
breaks my heart to have to prioritze and schedule surgeries around the
incoming dollars.

It's now getting down to individuals asking for help to cover their
personal vet bills.  Again, I've had to put off surgeries for personal
ferrets for a month until I could come up with the extra dollars (done by
working side jobs).

But it kind of gets my goat for people to ask for money for a situation
they created.  I'm talking about the guy in Ca.  with the 13 confiscated
ferrets.  You can't tell me that he didn't know they were illegal.  He was
on this list.  I'm really sorry that he got caught, but he shouldn't have
had them in the first place.  He took a risk and lost, why should we pay
for that?

There is just so many situations beyond an individual or shelter's control,
that could really use the donation.  I don't feel it's fair for someone
that lost the gamble to be taking donations.

Am I alone here?

Faith