Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:58:10 -0700
I just want everyone who has recently lost a ferret to know that I am so
sorry.  There sure were alot this week and I have not been able to get to
each and every one of you personally.

Sonia, I know that your pain for Renny is intense, and I feel so bad for
you.  I hope everything turns out okay for Toby.  I know that you are doing
everything you can for these wonderful animals.  Try to keep your chin up!

Troy Lynn, I am very upset for you.  You are very special and have taken
care of so many sick ferrets that I do not even know what to say except
that I am sorry for your most recent loss.

It saddens and sickens me that while all these wonderful ferret owners are
losing their precious babies to illness, there is someone named Jerri out
there (read yesterday's posts) that let a whole bunch of ferrets starve to
death in her basement.  You have no idea how I would like to rip her a new
one.  Nanci handled the situation very well because if it had been me,
Jerri would have been wearing that dead ferret on her head!  I was so angry
and I hope that this person goes to jail for animal cruelty.  UNBELIEVABLE!
I am not a violent person, but what this woman did (or didn't do) put me
over the top!  HOORAY for Nanci and her rescue efforts.

I have been reading all the posts asking about safe hair dyes for ferrets.
I do not have any great suggestions but I will tell you what I did for
Halloween.  I bought some non-toxic, washable poster paint and then took
some Halloween cards from the ferret store.com and had each ferret sign
with their paw print.  The paint washes off very easily and the cards came
out TERRIFIC!  Make sure that you try to do this while your ferrets are
somewhat sleepy - or you can expect a MAJOR mess!

Take care to all~