From:
LINDA FRASER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2007 14:48:40 -0800
I'm new at posting, and new on the FML, but I have had ferrets for
seven years. The first one I got was in 2000 the year my husband passed
away, my Nick. I walked into a small pet store and there he was, and it
was love at first sight. He stole my heart right away, a heart that had
been shattered from a death, and a very trumatic experiance following
my husband's death. This little creature brought back to me something
very important, love, and most of all laughter, I laughted until I
cried when he bounced across my bed in a war dance and off the other
side. I have had many since Nick, they passed on, one was his partner
Noah who is now in a small book by Jennifer Demming, Ferrets with
Attitude, he wears a bakers hat and shirt, and is surrounded by mixing
bowl etc. The two first loves of my lives, Nick and Noah.

Now I have five, and have added two little DMK girls. Which for me will
make seven, and that is enough for me. I am so happy that these little
girls were saved because if they were'nt, I would have never got to
hold them and love them. they are very beautiful, and my fur kids have
excepted them. These ferrets and the others that were rescued would
have never had the chance for a second chance at life if it had not
been for the rescue. What is the most important thing is those ferrets,
they were living in horrible conditions,as I understand, and thank God
above for that rescue!

I volunteer at the rescue I got my little girls from here in Michigan,
and I have also adoped my others from the same place. I love each and
every ferret here at the rescue, and have watched as the DMK kids have
blossomed as they getget ready for new homes, and some have already
gone to new homes. I love being part of the ferret community too, and
have sat back and have been reading all of this bashing going on, and
let me tell you, it saddens me! It seems to me that those who continue
to bash are forgetting the little creatures that this rescue saved! So,
it wasn't purfact, but it happened, it got those babies to a safe place
and to new lives! That is what it was all about, the bashing is getting
old with me and I see with many others too! There is no place here for
it. Lets calm down and work together, and the next time it happens
those of you who think they could have done better, well go for it.
Seems the people who do good things get kicked in the face after all is
said and done, when they have done the best they could have done at the
time. So please, stop, we are better than that, say something good or
don't say it at all!

Linda from Muskegon MI.