From:
Laura Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 19:47:26 EST
>My challenge is this.  This Christmas, make room in your heart and your
>home for an "unadoptable" ferret.  Go to your local ferret shelter, and
>ask to see the ferrets that have been there over a year, the ferrets that
>need constant medical treatment for the rest of their life, the ferrets
>that have an "attitude" problem, that need a patient, loving owner to
>teach them, the ferrets that are over 6 or 7 years old, that will have a
>hard time finding a home.

Shelley,

Thank you for posting your "Christmas challenge."  Last year, my husband
and I adopted a special-needs, "unadobtable" quartet from a local ferret
shelter, our brood now up to twelve, and we wouldn't have it any other way.
While it's taking quite a bit more money to keep this group going, due to
extra vet expenses and constant meds, the crew is worth every penny and
we're very glad we've adopted them.  They deserve a good life like everyone
else, special-needs or not :) We love them dearly.  I'm hoping many of our
fellow FMLers will follow suit this Holiday Season--and always.

Ferret Kisses,
Laura