From:
Debbie Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:38:19 EDT
Hi Everyone,

It has been quite a busy week here.  Actually, a very busy "SUMMER!"
Everyone is experiencing high numbers in their shelters and rescues.  We
are getting hit hard!  I have had over $400 in vet bills just this week,
and that is for just getting ferrets caught up on vaccinations and
getting a first time check up.  Now the sick ones are a different story.
And I have gotten a lot of those lately.  (Poor babies.)  I am in the Vet
office 1-2 times a week.  I am paying for all of this myself and the only
help I get is through my raffles and selling my ferret bedding.  It
doesn't pay the bills.  I sell maybe 6 hammocks a month.  The raffles are
not doing well at all.  My budget is really straining, and I am reaching
out a little harder this time for help.  I am trying to come up with some
fundraising ideas, and have some in the works...but time is not on my
side right now.  It is still a couple of months away.  So...if you could
spare a buck or two for a raffle ticket, you will find some great prizes.
As always, I am always adding more prizes to it before it is over.

Below is all the info...I wish I had pictures, but I haven't gotten that
good yet on the internet.  Thank you in advance...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Summer of 2003-Deb's Ferret Raffle"
Tickets $1 each -- 6 for $5
Date of drawing is August 31, 2003 (May extend if ticket sales are poor.)
1st Prize:
3 Piece Matching Bedding Set as follows:
  1 Homemade Hammock (fleece on one side)
  1 Homemade Pocket Hammock (fleece lined)
  1 Homemade Sleepsack (fleece lined)
1 Four Paws-Safety Ferret Lead (6' Length)
1 Pet ID Tag by Sheppard & Greene (microfilm type--no cost to send in
  to have info put on it for you)
1 C.E.T. Mini Toothbrush with Poultry flavored Enzymatic Toothpaste
  by Virbac
1 "My Ferrets Drive Me CRAZY!" License Plate
1 Tasty Toons Talking Treat Dispenser
1 Ferret Boredom Buster-The Treattime-Playtime-Anytime Toy
1 Ferret Tug-N-Tumble Ferret Toy by Super Pet
1 Package of 3 Ferret Shake, Rattle & Roll Balls by Super Pet
1 Ferret Roley-Poley Ball by Super Pet
1 Foil Krinkle Ball (3" in diameter)
1 Petco Tennis Ball
1 Petco Ping Pong Ball that rattles
1 (Now Famous) Deb's Homemade Sock Toy with bell inside
1 Homemade Fleece Toy with Bell inside
1 "I Love Ferrets" Bumpersticker
1 Sheet of assorted Ferret Gift Tag Cutouts
1 1.5 oz bag of Totally Ferret Treats
1 Vinyl Emergency Pet Window Sticker
**(A 5-10# bag of Totally Ferret might be added to Raffle if recieved
from donor in time for drawing.)

2nd Prize:
1 Homemade Pocket Hammock (Fleece Lined) & Deb's Sock Toy

3rd Prize:
1 Homemade Hammock (Fleece Lined) & Deb's Sock Toy
PayPal Account:
Send cash, checks or money orders payable to:
Deb's Ferret Rescue
Address:
Mark & Debbie Fitzgerald
Deb's Ferret Rescue