From:
robyn little <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 04:37:08 -0800
Yes they did have ferrets from Va Tech. I actually got 2 of them. I
also got one from last year. They are given to the Big Lick Ferret
Shelter from Dr. Finkler of Roanoke Animal Hospital. They are first
offered to the class members and then they are brought to Roanoke.
They are usually always dark sable males. They are used in the ferret
husbandry class at Va tech. They are used to teach student how to draw
blood so when we get them sometimes they have shaved arms, legs, or
throats. They are also in tacked(not neutered or descented). Dr Finkler
then neuters them along side students and takes care of their shots at
his expense. He then turns them over to the shelter for them to find
them good homes. Debbie Saunders is the shelter director, who spends A
LOT of time working with them. Usually when she gets them they bite a
little too hard. If you are interested in them you can contact her
though www.biglickferretshelter.org

Sincerly
Robyn Little