From:
william killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 1995 12:15:21 -0500
Couple things about South Carolina:
There is a show coming up in South Carolina in January.  Should be the 13th
if things don't change.  It is going to be sanctioned by the AFA.  We'll be
there - I might even judge something.

Health certificates come from veterinarians.  Veterinarians don't have any
limits against against this that I know of.  I will check with the people
in South Carolina that will get this problem fixed.  You are allowed to
adopt shelter ferrets or giveaway ferrets in South Carolina so this just
doesn't make sense.  Write to us off the list and I'll see whats going on
with your veterinarian in SC.

Diane asked about fat ferrets:
Hold your ferret but the shoulders letting the body hang.  If theere are
any bulges below the rib cage you have a fat ferret.  The body should be
basically tube shaped.

Mike asked about altering older ferrets:
Among the breeders I work with it is common practice to retire their
breeding jills and hobs after their third breeding season (about 4 years
old).  They are then altered.

Simon asked about a lethargic ferret:
Losing a 'room mate' ferret could cause a ferret to be depressed and cause
the extra sleepiness.

Funniest thing I ever saw one of my ferrets steal:
One halloween for some reason I got a Perot latex mask.  One of my ferrets,
Dakota, decided that the mask belonged in a particular closet.  She never
put anything else in that closet but THAT mask belonged in THAT closet.  It
was amusing seeing the mask that dwarfed the ferret go sliding across the
floor into the closet.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets