From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:55:39 -0700
I would like to thank everyone who helped or attended the BBQ Fund Raiser
"Ferrets on the Loose"

We were able to raise almost $300 and had a wonderful time meeting
everyone and all of the wonderful fuzzies.  Sharons husband, Patrick,
made a play-pen for the ferrets and boy was it big!  But you know what?
It worked out perfect because we had someone in there with them at all
times and you could "drop" your ferret off and go it or just to let them
play a bit.  Most people stayed around the play-pen to watch them all play
anyways.  Some of the ferrets just wanted to go to sleep under the tweety
blanket :-)

We are hoping to have another fund raiser either at a house in January or
back at the park in March.

I would like to say a special thank you to Mary Jo Dullum.  Not only did
she donate items to sell...but she was also our judge for the cutest
ferret contest (not an easy task with all of the cute ferrets there!) and
then...just when you think she couldn't get any better....she won the
grand prize in the raffle.....and then had all of the people who entered
their ferret in the cutest ferret contest pick out something from the
basket!  Thank you Mary Jo.

I would like to thank everyone who attended.  It was great to see everyone
and all of the ferrets.

If anyone has any comments (good and bad) about the picnic, please email
me to let me know.  [log in to unmask] We have found something's that we
would like to do differently next time to make things go smoother....but
would love input from others that attended.

I will have some pictures put up on our web-site in about a week.

Joanne