From:
Jay & Lisa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:44:37 -0700
I understand mouse-in-the-house problems all too well (I used to live in
the "woods").  The full dish of ferret food was always an attraction, but
I am loathe to harm any little fuzzy thing.

I found a product called a "TIN CAT" (I'm allergic to REAL cats, by the
way).  This was a tin box with a one-way spring-loaded ramp/door ( very
loose spring- did not "snap" like a trap).  The body weight of the mouse
depressed the spring as it entered the trap to get the bait & once the
mouse was inside & off the "ramp", it closed the entry.  You checked the
box (at least once daily) & if you felt "somebody" inside it was off to
the wilderness to empty.  The top of the box was hinged, so get the
gloves, open the lid, & away went your univited house guest(s).  A little
time-consuming but worth it in my opinion.  I do NOT know where to find
this product; I would suggest a web search.  Perhaps if anyone finds it
they can do a post.

Sign me,
"Way too Softhearted"

P.S. - You can "unstick" a mouse from a glue trap with alcohol (99%
works best & is available for less than $1 a bottle in the rubbing
alcohol section of the drugstore).  Pour a little on his feet, wait
for glue to dissolve, & gently remove him from trap.