Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 03:12:44 -0500
Today at the barn where I board my horse, we had a converstation that
started as we contemplated the barn cats and went from there.  "Do you
know," said Susie, a fellow barn worker, "that in Europe they have barn
ferrets like we have barn cats?" True, it was also verified by Gail, the
Woman Who Owns the Barn.  Jst like we have mongrel cats whose job it is to
catch mice and other rodents who eat grain, some barns elsewhere apparently
have barn ferrets.  They are, according to Susie, not very friendly to
humans (except the ones who feed them in the morning, kind of like barn
cats...), and --like barn cats--curl up in warm barn spaces to sleep and
hang out at the barn.  Alost like a ferral ferret!!  (HA!)

So then my SO and I discussed how some animals i the world must "work" for
their livlihood as domestic animals, and some are lucky enough to be pets.
I think Coco could hold his own as a barn ferret, but I think Simmie is a
wimp.  What about your ferrets...?  Would they be able to pull their weight
as barn ferrets?

Laurel

Laurel Gilbert, Am Cult Studies      *"Who controls the screen controls
[log in to unmask]               *the mind of the screen watcher. The
http://www.bgsu.edu/~lgilber/        *power struggles occur on screens."
Bowling Green State University, OH   *                -Timothy Leary