From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 00:01:47 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=1845

>Does anyone have any experience with this in a left adrenal gland?  My
>Rascal had surgery on 10-7 and that's what the pathologist found.  Dr. X
>thinks he got it all but we can't be sure.He also removed 3 tumors from
>the pancreas.  Rascal is looking and acting just fine.

Dear Y:

Leiomyosarcomas are low-grade malignancies of the smooth muscle of the
adrenal capsule.  These tumors are not uncommon, but do not result in
clinical signs.  If you saw clinical signs in Rascal, it is hopeful that
the cortical tumor occurred in that gland as well, and not the other
side.  Due to the size of these tumors, they may easily hide a functional
cortical tumor.

The good news is that these tumors have little metastatic potential, and
surgical excision is generally curative.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM