From:
Linda Decelles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:48:57 -0500
I didn't think I would ever reach this point, but we have too many
"rescue ferrets"(all neutered males).  The last "3" came to us as a
group - 3 very nice and also large neutered males.  They are healthy and
were well cared for.  The owners were finishing up/graduating from KU,
ran into problems with a temporary landlord and were moving.  They knew
Norman from his job and he volunteered to take care of them.  They were
going to visit and then when settled "this summer" come back for them,
if we wanted to let them have them back.  "Sounded okay".

Yes they are healthy, almost always use the litter box, and have sweet
temperments (though one was shy at first).  Unfortunately - they have
"caused us to reach the point were I spend so much time cleaning, etc -
the "ferrets" are no longer "fun".  And their owners have never come to
see them, have never come back in to where Norman works, - nothing.  So I
guess they do not want them back.  We need to get our numbers back down -
so we can enjoy the ferrets again.  It would be best to place the "3"
boys out with someone, but are also want to place out a couple of more
Pet Store "rescues"( 2 Albino males) to the right "permanant" home.  I
have been having recurring problems with my knees and some other health
problems and cleaning is hard on me - Norman works 2 jobs and is too
tired to take over the cleaning and our living arrangements are going to
change next summer.  Getting down to 4 would be much better for us and
the ferrets.  None have current medical problems.  Contact me off list
(I haven't had much time to read the list) for ferret details, our phone
number, address, etc.  f you are interested in discussing acquiring
either the group of 3 or the albino pair.

Linda
and Norman,
 & the 9 furry heart stealers:
Saint Patrick, Mittens, Curious George, Little Dude Scamp, Rascal, Koosch,
Terzu, and Tim from Lawrence, KS
with Frisky, Baby, Handsome, Sassy, May, Whisper, and Bandit watching
from the Rainbow Bridge