From:
Christy Santos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 1995 16:43:36 -0400
I just read a posting by a person in RI who had to leave his lovable
ferret with his girlfriend while he's at school.  It was an anonymous
posting, so I'm not sure who I'm responding to :)

I just wanted to say that I know how it feels to miss your fuzzy little
friend.  About two years ago, my fiance, Kevin, and I got our first ferret.
Frankie was the cutest little thing you could imagine, and also the most
cuddly.  We went to a shelter to pick him out, and the second I held him, I
knew he was mine.  He fell asleep in my arms, and I fell in love.

I spent many months doing most of the care for him since my Kevin was so
busy at the time.  About 7 months later, Kevin and I split up, and I moved
out of the apartment.  Although, of course, the break up was sad, it was
twice as said considering that Kevin got custody of Frankie.  It was the
logical thing to do at the time.  The place where I was moving would not be
a good home for him.  Kevin and I are still good friends, so I have
visitation rights.  :) And I must say, Kevin takes excellent care of him.
So, hats off to Kevin, for taking care of my wonderful Frankie.

I just wanted to mention this because I know how it feels to not be close
to the ferret you love.. But here are some words of encouragement for you
- even though I don't get to see Frankie very often, I'm positive he
remembers who I am when I *do* see him.  It's just a feeling I have..

Christy