From:
Robin Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 01:44:26 -0800
Hi!

Im usually a lurker here on these boards, and being a new ferret owner I
have answered so many questions and learned so much just by reading the
posts that I want to thank all of you.

We have two kits, Gypsy, a chocolate siamese is 5 months old, and Rogue
is a 3 month old Sable.  We have fallen completely and hopelessly in love
with them.  We have to go on a trip this week, with quite a lot of
traveling involved, about 13 hours there and back.  The trip is
unavoidable, and we are thinking we should take them with us.  I cant
imagine leaving them for 4-5 days locked in ther cage.  Rogue is always
knocking over the food dish, and when we dont let gypsy out to play
quickly enough, she goes nuts and shakes the cage with her teeth, bracing
her feet against the door.  Its a larger, two level cage, but the length
of time without a litter change would be awful.

My question is, do you have any suggestions for traveling long distances
with them?  we would take their regular cage, hammocks and all and put it
in the back of the minivan.  We also have halter leashes for both of them.

I dont want to make them sick traveling, but Im so afraid to leave them
alone.

Any advise?

Robin and her new babies, gypsy and rogue, along with her older (and
bigger) babies, Amanda and Melody.

thanks!

-Robin

Robin R. Steeley