From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:46:03 EST
I have read all on the FML concerning actors and movie, and made calls,
sent a fax, and e-mailed politely and gently.  I have thanked the shows
that allowed Mr. Stiller to apologize.

Does anyone have the addy to The View?  I would also like to write to
them, concerning their comment on ferret fur coats.  I personally do not
care for the show, as they throw out these statements that they have not
had time to consider.  It appears to be a bunch of women gossipping for
the most part.  Some of what comes out is catty and crude.

On Humility: all of us have done or said something really stupid in
our lives that may have hurt another or hurt others..  But not all
apologize.  Believe me.  and Boy..can that hurt like being cut with a
knife..  Before Mr. Stiller apologized, how did YOU feel?

I have read all the articles you all pointed out...all the clippings you
wrote of.  I have been caring for abandoned, sick, biting, or neglected
ferrets for some years.

I think if my first experience with a ferret was a big(and handsome) one
that twisted its head clear around like in a horror movie ( impossible
for me not to laugh at Mr. Stiller seeing THAT for the first time ) and
bit me so hard on the face it would not let go..I would have been
horrified, petrified, and in a lot of pain.  I have been bitten like
that..now..many times..  It can be a shock and painful even when devoted
to the ferret.

What Mr. Stiller said was stupid and harmful.  He is the only person on
T.V. I have ever heard of that put down an animal as he did.  I do not
think I could see a movie he was in without knowing that...and wondering
what I was doing at that movie.

Bue he DID apologize...It takes quite a person to do that.  and I am
deeply grateful for him being a big enough person to swallow his pride
and do that.  He has basically asked for our forgiveness.  wow.

If anyone taped the interviews, he or she could sell them to us with
money going to SOS?

Meanwhile, If anyone has the addy to The View...please let us know.  I
could not find it.

Many Thanks
Lisette