From:
Kristeen Kohrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:47:33 -0500
MetroFerret is a ferret club in NJ that provides support to three local
shelters in NY & NJ. We don't post much but I am asking for your help.

Saturday night one of our supported shelters, Father Nature's Ferret
Rescue in Wood-Ridge, NJ had a house fire. They lost everything. Just
3 ferrets survived the tragedy. When we heard from the shelter dad,
Keith, this morning his primary concern was vet bills for the survivors
and to cremate the ferrets that perished.

MetroFerret will match the first $500 in donations made through us.
There are several ways to make a tax deductible contribution through
MetroFerret that will go directly to Father Nature's. MetroFerret is
a federal 501c3 charity which will allow for your donations to be tax
deductible. Every donation will receive a tax deductible receipt. I
will send donations to Father Nature's as they come in and give Keith
and Evelyn a list of donors. You can always send a check made payable
to MetroFerret 33 Arrowhead Drive, Branchburg, NJ 08853. On your check
just note that it is for Father Natures.

Donations can be made via PayPal to [log in to unmask] or at this link.
<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2762982>

Lastly you can make a donation through our JUST GIVE account at
http://www.justgive.org/giving/donate.jsp?charityId=6593
They do deduct a small administrative fee before the donation gets to
Metro but you will be emailed a receipt and have the option of charging
your donation if you are not a PayPal user.

I haven't spoken to Keith and Evelyn this evening as I am sure they
are getting some much needed sleep. I am sure they will be needing
everything to get going again. I am putting together donations of
ferret supplies including hammocks, litter boxes, water bottles and
bowls. I am happy to collect this stuff in my garage until they are
ready for it. I also have a large amount of fabric and I am looking
to see if I can get someone (local) to do some sewing.

I know that times are tough all around but even a $5 donation will get
$10 to Keith and Evelyn's shelter to help the ferrets in NJ. Please
whatever you can do will help. These are two great people who do not
deserve what happened them last night. They are heartbroken for the
ferrets -- lets do all we can to make sure there good people can
continue the great work they have done for the ferret community.

 Kristeen Kohrs
 President
 Metropolitan NY/NJ Ferret Welfare Society
 www.MetroFerret.com