From:
Adrienne Goldsmith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 13:18:56 EDT
On a recent trip out west to visit family near Carson City, NV, I went into
a pet shop to see what types of ferret items they carry.  Talking to the
owner, I found out that a permit is needed to own a ferret in Carson City.
The permit stipulated the following: You could not be a woman of
childbearing age and you could not have children under the age of five.  The
owner stated that there were some cases of ferrets "attacking babies"
killing them, and there was a pet shop owner who was sued, lost, paid a
hefty settlement, and it was later found out (naturally) that the person had
lied in court.  I could not believe the ignorance of this pet shop owner
that I was talking to, about his lack of knowledge of ferrets, and his
unwillingness not to even learn about them.  If there are any people on the
FML who are from Nevada, in particular Carson City, I urge them to try and
stand up for ferret's rights and try to get this regulation changed.

Mainely [log in to unmask]