From:
Becky DiRusso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:21:06 EDT
Hello to all Fuzzies and their owners,

I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with.  I've had 2 1/2 year
old Abby since Christmas.  Last weekend, we got an eight week old female
ferret, Ally.  Since we brought her home, Abby will make a beeline for her
and pokes, wrestles and chases Ally.  Occasionally, she will bite her but
it doesn't appear that it's anything more than play biting.  Ally, however,
won't play back and chatters and squeals.  We don't believe she's hurting
her b/c Ally will have the same reaction if we pick her up and she thinks
it's Abby.  She is extremely playful with us, but when Abby's in the
picture, she justs runs away from her.  We've had to fashion a cardboard
box into a cage for Ally, b/c when we put them together in the cage, Abby
won't leave her alone.  Yesterday, we put them together in the cage and
then were gone from the house for a couple hours.  When we came back, Ally
had squeezed herself out of the cage and had gotten stuck in our bathroom
wall, via a hole behind the hot water tank that we didn't know about
(another story entirely).  Anyway, I need to know if this is a type of
ritual that ferrets go through, or if I'm going to have to keep them
forever separated?  Thanks!

Becky and Heather
Ally, Abby, Oscar (cat), Jack (cat), Stuart (mouse) and Macy (mouse)