Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 08:13:34 -0800
Wayne & Nancy Wellington wrote:

>To the RUDE ONE:
>This shows that he doesn't always post complete information as he gets it.
>
>Why didn't you post the whole reply?  Instead you posted a partial of the
>reply!  Are you only trying to stir up trouble?  You did not post the fact
>that we did in fact have the protest recorded as I told you!  There is
>always more facts comming out after things happen.

As I responded privately to the Wellington's, I have no idea what they are
talking about.  The original post I sent to the FML was a copy that I sent
to them via their email at the same time.  They responded to me that the
event HAD been taped.  (See Below)

I think where this misunderstanding comes from is that the Wellington's
forget the time lag from submission of a post to the FML to actual
publication where the email was responded to almost immediately.  The
confusion is understandable.

>The children that helped out will be receiving a camera for their bravery
>and recognized at their school!!

However, this brings to mind a question.  Bravery??..If someone tried to
run down a group of people with a car, and the children where in that
group, and a news video crew captured all of it on tape, why weren't the
police called.  As I said in the original post, assault with a vehicle in
the state of Nevada is a felony (And believe me, Nevada is very sensitive
to car assaults..remember the Thanksgiving Day massacre in Reno in 1982?
Woman mowed down 60 some odd people on main street with her car, killing
12 or some number like that....)

Following is from email sent to me on 18 December from the Wellington's:

>We do infact have them on video tape we just found out today it was caught
>on tape, also have his plate # and discritption!  We will be adding this
>to our legal case before us!

Something about this whole report doesn't ring true or make sense to me.
Personally, if someone tried to run me down with a car, I would have been
on the cell phone or at a pay phone in 10 seconds calling the police.  And
there were children present?  If this happened, someone who was responsible
for the children wasn't using their head or not looking out for the best
interests of the children.

To the Wellington's...who did the video taping?  I would like to contact
them and ask for a private viewing of the tape.  The district attorney in
Las Vegas would like to see the tape as well.  'Adding this to our legal
case'???  If a felony was committed, that tape is crucial evidence and HAS
to be presented to the authorities, not to a personal 'legal case'.  The
Wellington's have no choice in the matter under Nevada State criminal
statutes.

All this because of poorly housed ferrets.  For such little critters, they
can get us involved in great big happenings!  Gotta love 'em!

For our ferrets!

MC, The Rude One
(With Snorkle, Tuzigoot, and Bancho.  In spirit, Bubba, Billy-Bob, and
Garret)