Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 06:23:00 -0500
Best Wishes to those who are celebrating Samhain; Happy Halloween to those
celebrating Halloween!

I went to the 1st annual Mass Ferret Friends Halloween party this weekend.
Unfortunately since my cats are sharing a cold, I couldn't bring any of my
fuzzbeans.  But it was a lot of fun anyway.  It's pretty sad to think that
last year this gathering would have been illegal in Mass.

Besides ferrets, there were lots of kids at the party.  I think that showing
videos of this kind of event could really help public opinion in California.
Not just to legislators and ignorant public health people, but also to
ordinary people who know nothing about ferrets.  Along the lines of the
100th monkey theory, it seems that when enough 'ordinary' people are exposed
to good PR about ferrets, public opinion has to change and influence the
'policymakers.' One can hope anyway.