From:
MICHAEL FOX <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 22:12:42 -0500
I was notified that there is one mother and three kits (approximately 15 to
20 weeks old) at the Lubbock Animal Control.  Someone turned them in.  The
father escaped before he could be turned in.  Apparently it was a back yard
breeder.

(Big, I have Ms. Patterson's permission to put the following on the FML.)

When the ferrets were turned in to the Animal Control, Ms. Patterson, who
handles the adoption for the dogs and cats, took it upon herself at her
expense to see that these ferrets are being well cared for.  She has paid
for all shots and spay and neutering for all four.  Her out of pocket
expense is about seventy dollars per ferret.  She would like to adopt them
out for seventy dollars apiece.

Ms. Patterson has assured me that they will not be euthanized even if she
cannot adopt them out.  To quote Ms. Patterson, "I would not have taken the
expense of spay and neuter if the Animal Control of Lubbock were going to
destroy them as they do cats and dogs.  Ms. Patterson is an employee of the
Animal Control.  If interested in adopting, she can be reached Monday
through Friday at her office number of (806) 775-2060 or the main number of
the Animal Control of (806) 775-3000 if no answer at her office number.

So, anyone in or around the Lubbock Texas area please go by and see if you
would like to have one of these little guys home for Christmas.

Thanks
Eydie Fox
Ferrets First Rescue and Shelter of New Mexico