From:
Sharon Arganbright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 13:42:45 PDT
I had the "lovely" experience of rescuing a 3-month-old, scrawny,
malnourished, frightened kitten last July.  Well, after three months of all
the dry cat food he could ever want (Cat Chow, not the kitten kind), he was
an astonishing twelve pounds!  Dijon the monster kitten is now seventeen
pounds and about one year old.  I've been told (by three totally separate
sources) that he's a Maine Coon, and that he'll likely gain at least
another ten pounds of growth (not fat) over the next two years.

What does this have to do with ferrets you ask?

Well, he still tries to squish his giant 17-pound orange butt inside the
ferret cage to eat with them, and has recently discovered that, while the
ferrets can easily run through the 6-inch diameter dryer hose, his head
gets stuck.  (Don't worry, he pulls it out quite easily.)  He's just pissed
that he can't tunnel with them.  We let them play together from the day
we got him, and we've never had a problem.  Of course, a three month old
kitten is bigger than a 7-week old kitten, even if he was eating only
grasshoppers for three weeks.

Our older cat, nine pound,3.5-year-old Athena, tolerates the fuzzies up to
a point, but she freaks when she sees ANY other animal.  (Including stuffed
polyester ones.) She was a shelter kitty, and we think she had a bad time
on the street before we got her.

Suzanne
with  Jubai & Mishi ferret (what do you mean he's not a ferret?)
and Athena (Come any closer ferret and I will give you the "look of death")
and Dijon Mustard the seventeen pound monster kitten.