From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 00:11:52 -0700
I am posting this anonymous because I don't want to start much of a fight.
When I first got my big boy a year ago, I knew nothing of ferrets.  I had
read about them a little bit, but wasn't a genius.  About 3 hours after
getting him, I was on the internet for hours trying to learn anything and
everything I could.  This has been a wonderful mailing, as I have learned
a lot more about them and also have the wonderful chance of hearing many
opinions and stories.  Wolfy's site has also helped greatly as I now have
2 deaf fuzzies.

I just don't understand.........
If you don't know much about your ferret Matan, then why were you trying
to breed.  I kept quiet during all the scuffle of your breeding and trying
to get her to come out of season, but I can't keep quiet any longer.  My
ferrets have done complete changes in color now that they are shedding.  If
you would have ever researched anything on the internet or books for that
matter, you would know that they change colors at all periods of the
shedding process.  Personally, I feel sorry for your ferret in not knowing
what you are doing for her.  Please research as much as you possibly can
about your ferret.  Apparently you only did enough to know what to feed and
how to cage them and did not go into further detail.  Ferrets are a very
high maintance animal.  It saddens me that many people on this list are
rescuers of these poor creatures that started lives just like you have
started yours.  There owners either just thought they were cute to begin
with and didn't realize how much work they really are.  For one thing, if
you don't know what your doing, DO NOT breed her.  Have her spayed!  Just
take the advice that many have given all, and research about ferrets.  It
may not be too late.

{LC}

[Moderator's note: Yes, I know I said I'm being more careful with anonymous
posts.  This one squeaked by: I don't consider it a *personal* attack and
is otherwise imformative.  BIG]