From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:42:56 -0400
Support Our Shelters has been a part of some good-sized rescues since
2000, but nothing like this one! The 263 ferrets confiscated from Jen
Morrison in 2001 was by far the largest rescue until now.

Our role has always been to provide a tax-exempt conduit for the
generous donations sent by people on the FML. These funds are then used
for either vet bills or supplies. Lori already has a 501c3, so people
can send money to her directly. Additionally, the IFC has offered to
be a conduit for funds if people prefer that there be some oversight
by an outside party. S.O.S. will gladly continue to serve this function
if anyone prefers to send funds through us, but we know the IFC will
do a great job and provide a central clearinghouse that knows what is
needed. We have sent some supplies to Lori, but of course we want to
do more.

S.O.S. receives a discount on ADV tests, which we then pass on to the
shelters. So we would like to administer an ADV Test Fund for the McKay
Rescue so that these ferrets can be transported and re-homed safely.
Anyone who wishes to contribute to ADV testing so that these ferrets
can find a home sooner can do so by sending a check made out to Support
Our Shelters to the address below or by using the PayPal address below.

What funds S.O.S. has on hand are already designated for other rescues,
but we will make everything that comes into the General Fund available
to help the shelters who take in some of these ferrets. We only require
that the shelters be ones on the S.O.S. shelter list.

Thanks and blessings to Lori for what she is doing!

Judith, Ela, Sharon, Joanne, Kat, Robin, Risa and Lisa

~~~~~ Support Our Shelters ~~~~~
            100 Walsh Road
       Lansdowne, PA 19050
              610-626-6647

Helping the Shelters of the Ferret Mailing List
          www.SupportOurShelters.org

Ask me how you can help a shelter near you.

Tax-Deductible Donations through PayPal to:
   501(c)3 non-profit  Tax ID: 23-3062176