Date:
Sat, 25 Jul 2009 17:26:13 -0400
I had posted a few days ago that ferrets are no a longer "service" type
of animal for Sean. They still take on a sort of therapy roll however.
For the most part, his relationship with his Pharos is normal. That's
what I said anyway. But I suppose I have to take that back now.

For the last 3 years, Sean has been in complete rebellion about his
autism. After much battle about the issue, we finally abided by his
wishes and ceased to discuss the "A" word unless we were actually at
an M-team meeting at school or something related. Even then we'd see
him cross his arms, clam up, and tighten his lips. On top of that, we
had the snotty teen stages that usually hit 5th grade -8th, hit him in
mid high school. So here he is in a little mans body, but with middle
school social and emotional issues. Lastly, there is the icing on
this cake. And I hate sharing this because we and others in immediate
proximity of him are greatly dissappointed about it. He has had a
really angry, even meanish personality come out. The autism magnifies
some things in autistic people and they can come across as very
selfish and very inconsiderate because of their social and commicative
handicaps. I'll put my heart on my sleeve here and share something very
personal here. Not one week has passed in the last year or so where
he hasn't made me cry in some way. And there are bad times where it is
much more. So, I'm just riding the wave and staying afloat as long as
I can or until it hits land.

Back to why I take back the statement that Pharos (ferrets) has no real
service sort of role in Sean's life. In that post a few days ago, I
told everyone about Sean's first little girlfriend. I've been watching
and worrying because I knew he'd not tell her about the autism and I've
been just waiting for them to be together long enough that the vintage
Sean comes out. The worry here, is that he's nearly an adult. And at
this age, if you ask me, the girlfriend/boyfriends at this stage have
a right to know something like this. They have a right to know what
they are getting into, and in addition future children have to be
considered. The whole autism genetic thing rolls about and rolls about
expert minds. There definately are genetic reasons in at least some
cases of autism. I think it's Sean's responsibility to let someone know
there is a risk to any children since he is, OMG I cant' believe I'm
saying this, ... "of age".

::picking myself up off the floor, and now putting aside the bucket I
just yacked up in::

Yesterday, it hit me. She's been in this home 3 times now. "Sean and
Rocky" are everywhere. I asked him if she hadn't asked about it. Well,
I had to pick my teeth up off the floor after what he told me. She did
notice, and he offered to tell her everything in the ferret room. They
spent time discussing Rocky, their relationship, and his autism. I
found out that she read the whole Sean and Rocky site too. Today she
brought him a little surprise. A picture of Sean and Rocky that she
altered. He did not have to offer what the whole Sean and Rocky ordeal
was. Whats more, I know for a fact, had he not been holding Pharos, in
no way would he have been able to explain what autism was as eloquently
as he did. There is still .... a hint of denial though. Because dontcha
know Sean is cured? Yah, he "used to be very autistic when he was
little". Not now. LMAO. So his brother and I had to sit him down and
briefly, once again, explain that he still was. He was quiet, as
always. Then he ducked into the ferret room. And that was that. It'll
be interesting to see if he embraces that with this little girl. And
if\ the ferrets have any role in that.

Sigh, gotta go. I have to check on the love birds because they are in
the bathroom alone. Not for the reasons you think though. She wanted
to see Sean give Pharos a bath.

Okay I'm back, thought of more to say.

Let us review.
He got the girl because he was able to use ferrets as a topic to break
the ice with her when he met her

He was able to go beyond the whole movie and mall scene and to really
socialize with her by having her over and playing with ferrets

He got used to Skype and a "cyber date" where you are forced to use
language and facial expressions only because he had Pharos to shove
into the camera now and then

Now that Pharos had spa day, it's his turn. He allowed her to brush,
style and put pony tails in his hair and ....... well, here go look!!!
LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q2m2KKns-4

 ... meet Sarah

Yah... Pharos isnt' helping him at aaaaaaaalll ::sarcasm::