From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:31:26 -0400
I actually smiled- the first smile in quite a while!

Well, it has been a really rough year so far here at Ferret Wise!
I found Issue #32 of Modern Ferret at the post office and what a ray of
sunshine befell me!  I was soo excited to see the Magazine I sat in the
van taking up a space while I browsed cover to cover!

If it seems I have been remiss in announcing the arrival , well I have
been literally slaving away with a 500 ct newsletter mailing - solo!

Thanks Mary & Eric- I am so glad to see you folks up and operational.  SO
many days go by and you just kind of wonder.  I LOVE the diversity of a
second ferret publication.  I really was impressed by the 9/11 tribute--
I remember where I was that day- as well as where I was when President
Kennedy was shot ( I know I am aging myself) .  At the shelter we still
harbor the two ferrets who were rescued as the first tower came crashing
down that day.... if we had not been on the road-- then they might well
not be living-- they are still traumatized by the pet shop care they
received!

Life has not been the same since 9/11 and you eloquently hit on how these
things seem to change ones life.... and essentially ones way of life!

Bravo- Mary & Eric- It was a nice breath of fresh air for me.  I enjoyed
Bob C's articles too.

In closing I am pleased we will have copies of issue #32 of Modern Ferret
at Ferretstock III Celebration on Sept 7th for those new ferret folks or
established owners who do not have a subscription- it is a nice way to
look this magazine over!

Alicia - Shelter Mom
www.ferretwise.org

PS- we have 3 GREAT cages which wiull be raffled / auctioned at
Ferrestock III:

SuperPet Ferret Kingdom , Martins Cages model F475 PVC , Martin's F-425
fully outfitted!  Value exceeds $200.00!!  Plush Ferret, Assorted cage
bedding item sets , gift assortments, Budweiser Ferret/Frog banner,
Woodstock memorabilia,