From:
Matt Staroscik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 23:56:27 -0800
>Some one told me that they had read an artical about putting vanilla on
>the ferrets just before introducing them to each other..has anyone else
>heard of this or tried it??  If you have tried it..did it help with the
>introduction??

This sounds like a way to mask the critters' smell from each other.
Giving them each a bath would probably have the same effect.  Better,
I would guess, because you are removing some of the odor instead of just
masking it.

Introductions are best done on neutral ground, and reducing personal
odors can make the other party more at ease.

- Matt