From:
Dolores Mink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 20:00:21 -0500
Hi all!!  It's been a while since I've posted anything, but here I am!!:)
BTW I thought the ferret BBQ's were cute in a crude sort of way.  No, we
wouldn't barbie our babies!!!  So anyways, I was wondering if anyone had
some suggestions on how to treat a head wound?  My boy Chunky got himself a
boo-boo about a month ago on the top of his head.  But he keeps knocking
the scab off and it also comes off when I bathe him.  I wish it would
heal!!  I asked my vet and he said not to worry too much,that it looked
okay.  (but yeah right, a ferret-mommy not worry!!) So do you guys have any
suggestions?  He recommended I try putting a triple-antibiotic on it, but I
worry about the other ones licking it off.  Would that hurt them?  Also, I
was wondering, someone told me to put baking soda under my pelleted litter,
I don't want to until I hear a yea or nea.  What do you think?  I think it
would control odor yes, but what about the dust it may create?  Let me know
your ideas and suggestions.  Thanks!!!!!!  :)

Kris and her four fuzzbutts
Chunky-"I got an owie, HELP MY MOMMY PLEASE!!  (she keeps looking at my
        head-interupts my romping time!!)
Haley-"Got any Ferretvite?!" "MMMMMM!!!"
Rocco-"Where's that remote?  I keep trying to stash it, but the hoooomans
       keep hiding it on me."
Comet-"MMMM! I like to lick my brother Chunky's head.  Nothing like it! Ok,
       maybe Fruit Frenzy is better!!" Dook,Dook