From:
christa brock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 09:26:52 -0800
Hi all...

I usually don't post, just partake of all the wonderful stories and
information this list provides but, I had to post in regards to Mo lab
wanting to breed ferrets.  I don't even claim to have any knowledge first
hand on breeding so anyone who does help me out!

I DO have comon sense and it's a BAD idea.  I can only imagine the
dedication and time involved.  Not to mention all the unwanted ferrets
out there.  Each time I read of them I just want to bring them into my
home (yeah, start a shelter), however I am a realist and I KNOW I don't
have the same things all the dedicated and wonderful "shelter folks"
have.  I would imagine breeders face some of the same situations as
shelters and maybe worse at times.  Just think about it looong and hard.
Don't bring others into the world when it's already full of fuzzies no
one wants.  Just my .02!!!!

On a lighter note, we're down on the zoo count right now but it's subject
to change daily!  We have the following kids: 1 human, 2 dogs, 1 cat,
4 ferrets.  We did have a tank of fish we kept until they all died.  My
husband and daughter brought home a slider turtle and we kept him for 7
yrs until he died.  One dog is ours and the other one is an outside dog
the neighbors left with us.  (no, we didn't volunteer to keep him, but
it's okay) The cat was the shelter cat at the humane society I volunteer
at and he was slated to be "put down" so Taylor is now MY cat!  I saved
the favorites for last.  Our oldest ferret is Sno and she is the only
rescue we now have.  Pooh is our adrenal boy awaiting surgery (please
pray for him), and Lexus and Maggie are out new girls.  In the past we
had Holly and Michael both rescues, Rocky a rescue, and Lucy a rescue,
too.  So that's my "zoo".

Christa and the "zoo"