Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1993 21:34:13 -0500
     I was horrified when I read your letter about the death of
your babies! How traumatic that must have been. I am so sorry.
     I agree with you that ferrets are one of the most wonderful
creatures on this earth and I hope I can help.
     I live in the Kansas City, Kansas-Missouri area, about a
five hour drive (I think) from Branson. I have a number for the
Ferret Hotline of Greater Kansas City. They rescue, adopt, take
unwanted ferrets and provide shelter to ferrets. I have talked
to Bobbie who manages this shelter and she said she is unware
of any other shelters in Missouri but she would love to talk
to you if you wanted to consider adopting. She has many loving
ferrets that need homes. She stated her adoption fee is $45.00
for a single ferret and $75.00 for a unseparable couple. I am
going over this Monday to play with the ferrets and take some
food supplies over. Her number is (816) 842-3707, she has
an answering machine.
     E-Mail me if you have any questions by Saturday since I
am at work Tues-Sat. and cannot access my E-mail till then.
     Anyone on the list that lives in the Kansas-Missouri
area please think about adopting another ferret. I certainly am,
much to the dismay of my roommate who thinks I have too many now.
     I hope this helps in some way, Paul. Again I am so sorry
that you lost your babies.

                                    Judy Gallipeau