From:
The Knight of Cups <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 04:43:26 -0400
Well, we went to the vet today.  I got everybody up early, and we ran
around the apartment, playing and getting all tired out, then /scoop/,
into the pet carrier.

(As an aside, I have a Samsonite soft-sided pet carrier.  It's great.  It
looks like a gym bag, which has enabled me to pass undetected in places
where ferrets might not be welcome.  It's like the Jedi mind trick: "You
don't need to look at my sweat socks"  "We don't need to look at your
sweat socks."  "I should move along, now."  "You should move along now.")

We took the subway down to Union Square, and stood in line.  The way cute
vet assistant got our vital information, and complemented us on our names.
I could tell that she'd worked with ferrets before, because she knew the
tricks to getting them to take oral medicine.

The doctor was a young fellow, but he was really nice, and seemed quite
knowlegeable about ferrets.  After looking at the bald spot on Cinder's
back, he gave me great news... he said it's /probably/ a reaction to the
last vacination she had, since it's right where ferrets get vacinated, it
hasn't grown, hasn't spread to the other ferrets, and there's a tiny scab
right in the middle, like a vacination needle makes.

So, I'm watching her like a hawk to make sure that it doesn't change size
(well, get bigger), but otherwise, he says there's nothing to worry about.
I'm /so/ relieved!

Anyway, we went and sat in the waiting area for a while, to be sure no one
had a bad reaction to the vacinations.  I had the three of them out in
rotation, each one for about five minutes in my arms, before they'd get
too curious and squirmy, and I'd trade 'em for the next one.

The other customers thought they were the greatest thing since sliced
bread!  People were asking me questions about them, and petting them.  I
was so proud of them... they behaved /very/ well, didn't nip at all, and
even gave some kisses.

We came home on the subway, and everyone got raisins, and went to bed.

Regan (I'm the one in the 'I'm with the ferret' Tshirt).
Sneeze (Hey, look!  I'm a babe magnet!)
Cinder (No, no!  It's me!  /I'm/ the babe magnet!)
Copper (Say what you want, my fur's the softest!)

I'm so miserable without you, it's like you never left.

    --Baxter Black
 Regan S. Pylman                                [log in to unmask]
             http://www.coyotesdaughter.com/~azrael