From:
nicholas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 05:15:22 -0700
One of my little girls, Naja, has developed a swollen stomach. She is
about 5 years old, and has been slim all her life. But now, she has
developed a large stomach. A big stomach and small body. I took her
to the vet, and the vet said that it was fluid buildup. The vet gave
me some fluid / water medication to help drain some of the fluid from
her stomach. This helped a lot, but now it seems like her stomach is
getting bigger again. Naja has been hanging around the food bowl alot
lately also. Normally she is slim and very very hyper active.

Has anyone seen anything similar to this? Whereas a ferret develops a
swollen stomach, that is oddly larger than normal? If so, how did you
deal with it?

Thanks,
Nicholas