Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 18:46:39 -0700
As the 'maniacs' here in Yakima go thru about 30# of Totally Ferret a month
(including the fat filching feline ferret..), I ( for the 1st time) took
advantage of (the untrustworthy) pets.com offer of half priced food.  Now I
am, and have been a confirmed Ferret Store customer...............but, I
am trying to lay in extra for the end of the year, so this was too good to
pass up!

I placed my order with (the inept) pets.com for 3 of the 15# bags, and
even with delivery, it was still a good buy......they sent me an email
confirmation of my order on October 4th.

Then starts the waiting.........1 week...........waiting..........2
weeks.........waiting...........finally at 18 days (that being last
Friday..) I called (the worthless) pets.com, and after an (seemingly)
endless waiting time I spoke to a customer rep, who after checking, told me
it was on backorder, and I'd be getting the 1st to arrive, and since they
were sorry for the inconvenience, perhaps they could send some little token
toys for the 'maniacs'.......I declined, and said I'd wait for the food,
and hoped it would arrive soon, as I had already opened my last bag of TF.

Today (Tuesday) at lunch, I checked my email, and find an email from (the
dishonest) pets.com.  The email informed me that the food I ordered has
been 'discontinued', and my order is canceled!  I promptly called them, and
after another (seemingly) endless wait, I spoke to another customer rep who
parroted the emails' content.........it's discontinued, and my order is
canceled!  I told them I felt the term 'discontinued' was not appropriate
just because they aren't going to honor their offer!

I will be calling 'The Ferret Store' tomorrow to order my TF.  I know that
they will answer the phone promptly.....I know they will have the
'discontinued' TF......I know they will remember me, and offer intelligent
suggestions.  I base this knowledge on past years monthly calls!!

I will never, ever again deal with pets.com.....I will however mention
their name (in the most unflattering term) to anyone and everyone looking
for any and all pet supplies.  I have done it with my co-workers since
lunch (and they agree with me!).........Are you listening pets.com????  I'm
advertising you and how you operate...........just like I said I would!

On a brighter note, the 'maniacs' are doing well.......Dean (the adrenal
albino) now has a furry tail!  Still thin on his hips and back....but
looking better after his Lysodren tx.  Got some bare tails (and tails only)
and have started tx on those.... Got all 14 basically living together
except the newest girl (Jasmine), she doesn't get along with the 2 big boys
(Dean and Tavi), so she sleeps with the youngest boy, and the old man
(Jasper and Jester) Only Chuckles got winter fur so far.....what a handsome
devil he is too!

 Richard and the 14 'Yakimaniacs'
Riki, Tiki, Tavi, Chuckles, Pansy, Clover, Rose, Jester, Joker, Lily,
Jasper, Jasmine, Dean and Martin