From:
Terry McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 02:29:25 -0400
Hi I just started receiving this subscription and have heard alot, and
learned alot about ferrets in the three newsletters I have received but I
have a strange question!  I have two fuzzies a male who is about three which
I received from a person connected too the local shelter about six months
ago and A female I received becouse of behavioral problems about ten months
ago.  The female is named baby, the male is beasel bob{suposed to be lttle
devil} I guess thats how you spell it well any way all the ferrets I have
owned in the past were free to run around the house!  these when I got them
were both cage homed ferrets, allowed out to play only.  I keep them in the
cage when I can't supervise them.  Well the question is did you ever hear of
a domestic ferret being a danger to birds?  I have two birds and the female
supposedly killed and ate a bird {canary} before I got her.  I haven't had
any trouble with her and she never gives the birds a second glance when she
is running around playing.  I am making a play room just for them and would
lke to ween them from the cage completely.  Do I have any real worries about
the birds?  Or do you think it was just an excuse for getting rid of the
ferret?  I have several other pets 6 cats one is a small kitten 8 weeks old
who nurses off the dog but thinks she's a ferret, at present (i help with
rescue fixing and placement of the cats with the help of te A B C) misc fish
and two dogs, and I have never seen any real agressive behavior out of her
towards any of them.  I would really like to give run of most of the house
like the cats and dogs {its not fair to keep them in a cage when the others
are free (not the birds)} except at sleep time (my ferrets like to play with
feet when I try to sleep).  Then they would have to be in their room!  So do
I really have anything to worrie about?  Also do you no of any vet that
tattoos ferrets for ID in New Jersey or any company that keeps these on file
so If they should get loose they would find there way home?  My grandmother
lives in another state where they use tattoos for dogs and cats and
microchips inserted under the skin for ID of animals she says they helped
her get her dog back twice before the dog was fixed.  By the way both are
marshall farms ferrets and are very healthy and happy the sick stories make
me and the fuzzies cry!

BABY, BEASEL
        AND

Onerealmccoy