From:
"edman (Ed Atlee)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 13:25:03 EDT
Whenever we've tried to mix food, the kids seem to take a while to
realize that it's edible.  We've been going through this for a few
weeks (read: all through the power-eating season) with our two with
the addition of Totally Ferret to the mix.  But they're adapting
pretty well now, and a lot more of it is getting into the ferrets
than on the floor; stick with it for a while!

Joanne, hopefully one of the vets can answer better, but I think the
general reccommendation is start having blood tests at around 3 yrs.
One of Dr. Kupersmith's columns in MF mentioned this and exactly
what bloodwork he reccommends, but I don't have the article with me.
Think CBC was mentioned, not sure though.

Finally, Annie's terrified of the vacuum - pulled her out from under
the bureau one time and realized she was shocky.  So now she goes in
other room at vacuum-time.  Goose ranges from indifferent to curious
to "Goose, stop attacking that thing before it sucks you in!!" ;-)

Whew! 1475 subscribers!!!

--edman (Ed Atlee)
Ed, Kim, Goose, Anastasia, and Maggie the Lab