From:
Candy Wong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:13:25 -0700
I live in an apartment in Royal Palm Beach, Florida with my mother and
have been for about 2 years now.  Recently, the board of directors for
the condo association sent a letter to my landloard demanding the
immidiate removal of my furbaby (she seems to be under the impression I
only have one-ha!) because she is a spiteful b****.  I'd rather not talk
about why I have this opinion about her because I'm sure you probably
don't want to hear it and because I'd rather not go into all the evidence
proving why she's on a major power trip.  This woman and the rest of the
association for that matter, are ruthless.  They are not above spying on
the construction workers (still repairing from Frances) and certainlty
not above spying on its tenants.  The major injustice of it all is that
cats, birds and fish are allowed (cats!)

When we moved in, she said the major issue with pets was the noise.  As
you know ferrets barely make any noise and when they do, it's no were
as loud as a friggin BIRD!!  And it's not like you'll see ferrets just
lying around the parking lot chasing after ducks and killing lizards!
As of right now our only defense is to avoid her and then claim
ignorance (which will be hard seeing as they are avid smokers who lack
jobs.)  After that, all I can think to do is petition (that's what
someone did to allow cats) for thier acceptance and pray it goes my way.

In all honesty, I don't know if thats going to work.  My mother and I
are quiet people who keep to themselves and don't have much interaction
with anyone else in the complex.  Most who live there are older folks
who feel the same way and make an effort to stay out of the gossip flung
between the directors and the tenents who've had enough.  Has anyone ever
been through this?  I'd appreciate any advice (any lawyers out there?

P.S.  Thanks to all who replied to my 'Deaf Ferret?' post.  I'm going to
do some tests on that little fuzzbutt as soon as I get home.
(Muhahahaaa!)

- Candy and the Sexless 3