From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 05:46:11 -0700
Sean & I were standing in front of the new Rainforest Cafe in our mall the
other night looking at the tropical birds they have on display.  If anyone
has never seen a Rainforest Cafe, it's this really neat restaurant with a
(obviously) rainforest motif.  Outside they usually have two or three
tropical birds on display with an employee chatting about them with the
general public.

Anyway...as we were watching the birds (two blue and gold macaws and one
scarlet macaw), we were remarking on their amazing personalities.  The one
b&g was swinging back and forth on his perch and stretching his head out
trying to bite the scarlet who was calmly grooming herself.  Then he would
screech and bob his head up and down until everyone paid attention to him.
The other b&g kept sticking his feet out at the trainer "begging" for her
to pick him up.  He would slide to the bottom of his perch and pretend to
be falling off.

As we laughed ourselves silly at these antics, I suddendly thought out
loud, "Hey, Sean, these guys are just FEATHERED FERRETS!" Same ornery,
trouble-makin' personalities.  It was great.

Aileen & the herd (What, Mom, you think we're birds in disguise?)
Slinky, Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, & Sandy