From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 06:25:37 -0400
Dear FML'ers

I took little Ivy to the Vet yesterday morning because she had developed
an uneven growth, pink and black, on her front right leg.  I will tell
you now, it was only skin deep, and the Vet is not worried.  She is
spending a few days with Alicia incase she needs to make an emergency
visit back, and she is in the best hands available on earth.

Now I have heard you all say you are owned by your ferrets.  Not me.
Yesterday morning, like a good human, I packed a half gallon of well
water, (325 feet down and the best) packed a three cup bottle of my soup,
made the night before, packed her favorite strained turkey, Beechnut,
(won't touch Gerbers), and she will not eat the chicken I cook.  Then I
made a batch of her ferretone and bovine colostrum, packed her kibble,
(well you need something to play with, look at, and push around) packed
her dishes, the blankets, sleep sacks, and a toy.

I started the car five minutes early, put the air conditioner on, gas is
only $2 49.9 per gallon, came out and strapped the carrier in the front
seat belt.  I put the radio on a classical station, (no rap for her) and
away we went.  I could put my hand in through the mesh, she sniffed my
hand, knew I was near, and slept.

I was cruising along, and I thought of my fellow FML people who work
hard for their fuzzies.  It was then that I realized, I am not owned
by my ferrets, I'm staff!!!

Marilyn